On Friday 9 May the Women’s International Cycling Tour will be passing by the Royal Hospital School on Stage Three of the race (Felixstowe to Clacton).
The Women’s Tour event is bringing world-class women’s cycling to the UK in the country’s first ever international stage-race, featuring the world’s top riders competing against Britain’s Olympic heroines. The star studded field includes World Road Race Champion Marianne Vos and British Olympians Lizzie Armitstead, Laura Trott, Joanna Rowsell and Dani King.
The five-day race will take place over five stages between Wednesday 7 and Sunday 11 May 2014.
- Wednesday 7 May – Stage One: Oundle to Northampton
- Thursday 8 May – Stage Two: Hinckley to Bedford
- Friday 9 May – Stage Three: Felixstowe to Clacton
- Saturday 10 May – Stage Four: Cheshunt to Welwyn Garden City
- Sunday 11 May – Stage Five: Harwich to Bury St Edmunds
The cyclists will pass through Holbrook and past the front of the School between 11:57am and 12:17pm. Pupils in Years 7-9 will be out in force to support the ladies as they push on through the middle stage of the race.
Stage three is a total of 54miles (86.8km) long and passes through many Suffolk and Essex towns and villages. The route can be viewed here with further information of the stage.